. Indira Gandhi Institute Of Yog Services (IGIYS)
Phone: 9999166524 / 9205603775
Demo Paytm: 9999166524 / Netbank
Vegetarian diets are an excellent way to lose weight. That’s because, veggies contain good carbs, dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and proteins. These nutrients prevent absorption of fat, improves bowel movement, strengthens bones, helps shed fat and build muscle mass, boosts brain function, energize the body, and keep all the diseases away. Although most Indians follow a vegetarian diet, they are still obese or suffer from various diseases. So, first things first, here’s a list of foods that you must avoid.
• Carbonated beverages
• Packaged fruit or vegetable juices
• Lard, dalda, butter, vegetable oil
• Namkeen, bhujia (homemade or not)
• Sweets, milk chocolate,
• Too many chapatis, and too much rice
• Consume paneer in moderation
Pulses, tofu, soy, beans, milk, mushroom, and paneer do not provide the body with enough protein or complete essential amino acids. Proteins are not only the building block of your body but are also tough to digest, which is why the body requires more calorie expenditure to digest proteins, leading to weight loss. Moreover, vegetarians also fall in the same obesity spectrum as the meat eaters. Up next is the most popular Paleo diet for Indians.
Paleo diet is also a great option when it comes to losing weight. The theory behind Paleo diet is “eat like a caveman to shed pounds.” The high-protein and high-fiber diet allow you to lose weight without cutting on calories. Paleo or Stone Age Diet also helps to keep diabetes, coronary disease, and cancer at bay. You must have lean meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. You can also include legumes, nuts, seeds, and peanuts.
• All processed foods
• Refined oils like canola
• Refined sugar
It is tough for vegetarians to follow this diet as the emphasis is on lean meat. Also, dairy products are absent from the Paleo diet, so you miss out on essential
nutrients like calcium, magnesium, and potassium. No amount of vegetables can be a good substitute for lean meats. So, vegans will fall short of proteins. This diet
plan is not budget-friendly either.
If you can sideline the limitations, you will find there are many positive sides to the Paleo diet. It is a low sodium diet plan, and you don’t need to do calorie counting. Now, let me tell you the 10 rules of Indian Diet Chart For Weight Loss and share the 4-week Indian diet plan so that you lose weight effectively and permanently.
Being disciplined is critical while following any dietary program. If you are serious about losing weight to improve health, follow these 10 simple rules to keep your hunger pangs at bay.
1. Increase The Consumption Of Fruits And Vegetables: You should eat at least five portions of fruits and vegetables each day. Fruits are extremely beneficial when
consumed on an empty stomach. Therefore, starting your day with fruits is a healthy option. Do not have fruits immediately after any meal.
2. Limit The Intake Of Stimulants: Restrict the intake of stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol, and refined sugar. Caffeine is harmful when taken on an empty stomach. Hence, avoid bed tea or coffee. It is advisable to have tea or coffee with meals.
3. Do Not Skip Breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In fact, it is recommended to have something for breakfast that generates energy slowly, such as a bowl of porridge or a cup of low-fat yogurt (dahi).
4. Drink Plenty Of Water: Water aids digestion and also acts as a detoxifying agent. Hence, it is recommended to drink at least eight glasses of water every day. Moreover, drinking plenty of water not only flushes out toxins but also keeps your skin glowing with health. Water is a zero-calorie drink with low sodium. It also helps flush out the toxic buildup inside the body and excess water weight and jump-starts metabolism. If you find plain water boring, you can squeeze in a lemon and add a spoon of honey or even drink tender coconut water which will also help restore the electrolyte balance in the body.
5. Have Smaller Gaps Between The Meals: Avoid long gaps between your meals because the food you eat gets converted into fat instead of being used for energy. It is not recommended to have a gap of more than three hours in between your meals.
6. Do Not Starve: Allowing your body to starve is not a healthy option as it has its adverse effects. Eat well to fulfill your nutritional needs.
7. Have Your Last Meal Early: You should have the last meal at least two hours before going to bed.
8. Restrict Your Calorie Intake: Keeping a watch on your caloric intake is extremely crucial in any diet plan. Calorie-dense foods like fried food, sweets, and pastries should be avoided.
9. Remove Fat From Your Food: All visible fat should be removed from food before cooking. Processed meat like sausages and burgers should be avoided as they contain high calories.
10. Eat Healthy Snacks: Replace the processed or fried foods with healthy snacks such as fresh or dried fruits, low-fat yogurt, whole grain cereals and rice cakes.
Keep these 10 points in mind and take the liberty to adjust your diet according to the availability of food items. Tropical climate also influences the food preferences to a great extent. Here is the 4-week Indian Diet Chart for weight loss. Better health is guaranteed if followed properly.